It isn’t easy satisfying your sweet tooth while staying true to the keto diet. That’s where this delicious keto chocolate mousse comes in! This light and airy dessert is low-carb, easy to throw together, and absolutely yummy. 😋
What Makes This Chocolate Mousse Keto-friendly?
Most of you who follow the keto diet avoid sugar, because it contains carbs. So, instead of the white sugar that’s typically used in chocolate mousse, you’ll use powdered zero-calorie sweetener.
How to Make Keto Chocolate Mousse
This quick keto chocolate mousse recipe is made with just six ingredients (cream cheese, heavy cream, vanilla extract, powdered sweetener, Essential Supplements chocolate BHB powder, and a pinch of salt). You’ll find the full, step-by-step recipe below—but here’s a brief overview of what you can expect:
Start by beating the cream cheese with a hand mixer until it’s light and fluffy. Lower the speed and slowly incorporate the vanilla and heavy cream. Add the sweetener, cocoa powder and salt and continue mixing until it reaches a mousse-like consistency.
- Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Turn mixer to low speed and slowly mix in heavy cream and vanilla.
- Mix in sweetener, cocoa powder and salt until well incorporated. Turn mixer to high and mix until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate for later.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Per serving: 373 calories
- Per serving: carbohydrates 6.9g
- Per serving: fat 37.6g
How to Store Keto Chocolate Mousse
Keep your keto chocolate mousse in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat. It should last for up to three days in an airtight container.
You can run the granular sweetener in a blender, or food processor, to achieve a powdered consistency.
For variety, try different flavored extracts in place of vanilla.