As the summer comes to an end, and fall is just around the corner, there’s nothing more crave-worthy than hot chocolate. But let’s be real with ourselves—most hot cocoa is packed full of sugar and carbs. So, unfortunately, it’s not really a low-carb drink. Until now.
Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce: Keto Hot Chocolate! With 36g of quality fat from coconut milk, this recipe is almost a fat cheat-code. Not only will it help you reach your keto goals for the day, but it’ll also curb your sweet tooth (and warm you up) in just 5 minutes!
What Makes Keto Hot Chocolate So Perfect?
Most hot chocolate recipes will tell you to use protein powder, or just plain cocoa. Our keto hot chocolate is better, because it uses keto BHB (beta-hydroxybutyrate), also known as exogenous ketones.
BHB is one of the most popular keto supplements, often used by both experienced keto experts and beginners.
Essential Supplements Exogenous Ketones Keto BHB Chocolate Powder can help you reach ketosis much faster, and help you recover after a carb slip-up. Several other benefits of taking BHB include:
- Reduced feelings of hunger
- Improved mental performance
- Increased physical performance
- Longer lasting energy and stamina
- Helping reduce “keto flu” symptoms
That makes our keto hot chocolate recipe the best way to combat any mid-afternoon slump, and help fuel your workouts!
High-Quality, Fat-Fueled Ingredients
This keto hot chocolate is not only delicious, but you can sip it knowing that you’re actually benefiting from the ingredients in it.
- Coconut milk: Using full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk in this recipe provides quality fats and MCTs (medium-chain triglycerides) which promote ketone production.
- Heavy cream: This ingredient is optional. But it can be added to your keto hot cocoa as a whipped cream topping, and is packed full of fats to fuel your day and keep you full for longer.
- Electrolytes: The keto flu is one of the main reasons many people who are new to the keto diet feel crummy at first. This temporary feeling is often caused by electrolyte deficiencies, due to the body shedding excess water. Our keto BHB powder is full of electrolytes, to rehydrate your body and provide crucial minerals to keep you feeling your best.
If you’re worried that a recipe this good can be difficult to make, you’re in for a treat! This recipe is so quick, you’ll be drinking your new favorite keto drink in no time!
- 2 scoops Essential Supplements BHB Chocolate Powder
- 1 can (13.5-oz) coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 cup heavy cream (optional)
- In a medium-sized saucepan, pour in the can of coconut milk and heat over medium heat. When it starts to form bubbles on the top layer, add in the vanilla extract while stirring with a whisk until combined. Add in the BHB chocolate powder, and continue stirring to incorporate completely.
- In a separate bowl, blend the heavy cream at medium-low speed until soft peaks form. Add vanilla extract, and continue beating until stiff peaks form and you have a thick whipped cream.
- Top hot chocolate with whipped cream and cinnamon.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4